Olswang has just published the latest edition of the Cyber Alert, a regular round up of regulation, best practice and news from our international cyber breach and crisis management team. There is a great deal to report since our last update in October 2014. In February, the Olswang team visited our friends in the US, co-hosting a cyber workshop in Silicon Valley and presenting to the Los Angeles chapter of the IAPP on the latest status of the General Data Protection Regulation. You can read our December 2014 status update on the draft Regulation, which includes an analysis of data breach notification here.
In this edition:
- Melanie Shefford considers whether the UK Government is doing all it can to help tackle the menace of cyber attack.
- Laurence Kalman takes a closer look at the Bank of England’s CBEST initiative. Is this a sign of things to come for other industry sectors?
- In our standards and benchmarks section we include the latest round up of UK, EU and Global cyber standards.
- In our regulatory radar section, we report on the latest twists and turns in the negotiations for the Network and Information Security Directive and the General Data Protection Regulation.
- In our threat landscape section, we report on the World Economic Forum’s report into global risks which ranks cyber as one of the most likely high-impact threats in the modern world. We also report on the huge Anthem hack in the US and, separately, on the second ever recorded incidence in which a cyber attack caused actual physical damage.
If you prefer a printable version please click here for the PDF.