As Datonomy readers will be aware, political agreement was reached on the new General Data Protection Regulation last month. While we await formal ratification and a final text, Datonomy invites its readers to join a webinar next week to take a first look at the key practical implications of the new rules.
The webinar is being hosted by Datonomy’s friends at US law firm Fenwick & West. Robert Brownstone, Privacy co-chair and Electronic Information Management Chair of Fenwick & West LLP and Ross McKean, Head of Data Protection at Olswang LLP, will lead a discussion considering:
- The timeline for implementation
- When and where will GDPR apply, and which regulator(s) will be able to enforce it?
- New rules for service providers
- An overview of enhanced data subject rights
- Data breach notification – the new rules and lessons learned from US experience
The registration link is here. The 60 minute webinar will start at 5pm GMT, – that’s 9am PST, 12 noon EST and 6pm CET – to catch Datonomy readers in different time zones. We hope you will be able to join us!