As part of our GDPR readiness webinar series, in this session we will look at the jurisdictional changes and challenges that the new Regulation (set to apply from 25 May 2018) presents. In particular we will look at the following:
- Does the Regulation provide for a uniform law across the EU or will different Member States have different provisions?
- If not, which Member State’s law will apply in different circumstances?
- What will be the extra-territorial application of GDPR to non-European entities – who is caught?
- Which will be the lead regulatory authority and what will be its powers of enforcement?
- What will the co-operation procedures be and what will be the role of the new European Data Protection Board?
- What will be the effect of Brexit?
- Q&A Session
Speakers: Dan Tench (Partner, Litigation), Anya Proops QC (11KBW) and Elle Todd (Partner and Head of Digital and Data) Olswang.
Date: Thursday 20 October 2016
Time: 3pm – 4pm GMT
To register for this webinar please click here
If you have any questions regarding the webinar please contact the events team email@example.com