- PwC has released its 2015 Information security breaches survey, conducted on behalf of the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills. Some of the key findings from the report include:
- There has been an increase in the number of large and small organisations suffering security breaches (90% of large organisations reported that they suffered a security breach – up from 81% in 2014);
- For large organisations, the median number of security breaches for a year was 14;
- The average cost of the worst single breach suffered by large organisations has more than doubled (from £600k to £1.46m);
- Despite this increased severity, employee vigilance appears not to be improving as the 50% of the worst breaches suffered were attributed to inadvertent human error (up from 31% in 2014).
- On the back … Continue Reading ››
The latest round up of legal and regulatory developments and other news on cybersecurity from the Datonomy blogging team at Olswang LLP. UK policy and regulatory developments